Terms & Conditions
For the purpose of these terms and conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
- “The Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” shall mean M. A. Parkes – Heating & Plumbing
- “The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation “the company” agrees to carry out works for and / or supply of materials.
- “The Engineer” shall mean that of the company. Anthony or Michael Parkes.
We hold the right to refuse or decline work at our own discretion. Where we agree to carry out works for the customer they work shall be completed by an engineer of M. A. Parkes – Heating & Plumbing.
No call out costs. We offer no call out cost policy which means we are more than happy to attend and give advice / diagnose an issue. However, if work is to be carried out there and then to fix a problem, the customer will be given a fixed price quotation on the spot.
Fixed price quotations. Quotations sent by us are a fixed price unless otherwise stated. The only time this price will and can change is if a customer asks for additional work to be carried out, not previously discussed or quoted for. This price includes both labour and materials and where necessary other trades people too. We are under no obligation to give full breakdown costs on fixed price quotations.
Quotation period. Quotations are only valid for 30 days post receipt via email or writing. Any quotations accepted after 30 days of receipt are entitled to a revision to ensure no materials have increased in price.
Materials. We prefer to supply all materials as we know of their quality and have built trade relations with suppliers over our years of trading. Items that are wrong or faulty and supplied by us, are taken out of our time and cost. We do not warrant or guarantee goods supplied by the customer. If products are found faulty or incorrect it is down to the customer to deal with the respected company to exchange. Our time to replace or repair these goods will be charged at out usual rate.
Guarantee of workmanship. The guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of completion. All guarantee is null and void if the work / appliance / materials supplied by the company are:
- Subject to misuse and negligence
- Modified or tampered with
- The company cannot guarantee work in respect of blockages when connecting to existing waste systems.
- The company cannot guarantee existing pipework, fittings and radiators or other materials we have not fitted.
- The company cannot guarantee work undertaken on the instruction of the customer against and engineers written or verbal advice.
- Only work carried out by us will hold a guarantee. We cannot be held responsible for faults arising due to previous work undertaken by other companies, people or persons as we are unaware of processes taken by that company, people or persons and therefore payment must still be made in full.
- We will not be held responsible for damage or defects occurring where necessary recommended work has been dismissed and not carried out.
- Work will not carry a guarantee where further related remedial work in relation requires attention.
- The customer shall be solely responsible for any hazardous situations dismissed in accordance to Gas Warning Notices and current Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations.
Invoices. The title of any goods will not pass to the customer until the invoice is paid in full. Invoices are given their own due dates and until paid in full all materials supplied by us are still owned by us. We hold the right to repossess all or parts of such goods in which the title remains in the company.
GDPR. Customer details are used to register boiler and other appliance installations for gas safe compliance and warranty purposes. We also remind our customers when annual services and landlord gas safety certificates are due.