If, at any point you smell gas, turn it off, open your windows & doors and call Emergancy Gas Services on 0800 111 333 & then call us!
We have the knowledge and equipment to trace and repair gas leaks. Do not just think it'll be okay!
Turn it off!
- If you think you can smell gas, turn i toff immediately.
- The control valve can be in one of few places, under the stairs, in the garage, in a kitchen cupboard.
- Once located, turn it 90 degrees into the off poisiton.
- The valve should be labelled 'on' and 'off'.
- Next, you need to open all your windows and doors to allow the gas out & fresh air into the property.
- Do not turn anything electrical on, or off.
- Certainly do not ignite any flame and if there are any candles lit, put them out.
Our call out!
- Our call out fee is just £66! This also covers our first hour on site!
- Within this hour we will test for gas tightness (gas leaks).
- After initial test, we isolate all gas appliances and test again.
- If turning off the appliances stop the gas leak, we know it is one of these.
- Each appliance is turned back on, one by one until we diagnose the appliance at fault.
- This appliance will then be isolated and an appropriate repair will be quoted.
- If the gas leak appears to be on pipework, the main supply will be isolated and appropriate repair quoted.
We keep our first hour fee affordable at just £66 inc VAT.
We stick to a fixed call out fee which covers out first hour too, similar to how we operate with our boiler breakdown & repairs.